2005-03-10

The Problem With Diversity Is Ignorance...

'What is the point in providing music for us that we can't understand!'

Not my words - but at work it's 'Diversity Week' and musicians/artists from Africa are exhibiting their varying styles. Today was a Nigerian, who I thought was pretty good, mellow - was guilty of tapping my feet and nodding (, just a little). Anyway I heard the above and I couldn't believe it. One because my work would be expected to be populated of educated sensible people. And two there are posters around the building stating it's 'Diversity Week' - so even the less mentally capable could have read this. Apparently no. Diversity being diverse would usually mean its something unfamiliar, a bit of exposure to something different. It shouldn't be something you know/understand - it's looking to break that boundary?

I thought so anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

BACK